Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum

We're racing through history!

General (96)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

History of the museum

Does anyone know who started the museum? I do :)

Started by Brian Oliver

4 Aug 24, 2012
Reply by Curtis Woodard

Oh, Boy, Oberto! and Miss Madison

First of all, a hearty "Well-Done" to (our own) Mike and Larry Hanson, their crew, and to Steve David for providing us with an exciting rac…

Started by Phil Lampman

2 Aug 11, 2012
Reply by Jim Stifle Jr

Looking for Allison V-1710 Parts

I clearly remember the roar of the deep-throated Allisons on the unlimited hydros in the 60s, especially at Lake Tahoe, when my dad worked…

Started by Gary Jesch

1 Jun 26, 2012
Reply by Gary Jesch

Looking for Father's old Ron Jones, Cabover, hydroplane. Last seen in Phonex, AZ area 20 yrs ago

Last known; my father (in upstate NY) sold to an individual in The Phoenix, AZ area nearly 20 years ago. It was two-tone green, and on a wh…

Started by David Smith Jr.

0 May 8, 2012

Harold Wilson and Ms Canada V

Hello all my name is Stephen A James, Im the unofficial Production Assistant on the up incoming film  Harold and Lorna I am seeking anyone…

Started by Stephen A James

4 May 6, 2012
Reply by Harold (Harry) Wilson Jr

Saturday's Feature Event

Gee, it would have been fun to see this 'happening' today -- the Circus & Pak back together again at 'our' museum (not the one in Detro…

Started by Randy Mueller

2 Apr 20, 2012
Reply by Randy Mueller

Wondering if anyone can tell me what i have.

I picked up these pontoons at an estate sale, not sure if it is actually part of a small 8ft hydroplane or if it was a piece of advertismen…

Started by Jeremy Tellesbo Sr.

0 Apr 14, 2012

Info on the name of the Blue Chip unlimited Hydro

I'm building a 1/10th scale model of the  Blue Chip unlimited. I' looking for info on the name , sponsor , and the logo on the tail fin . I…

Started by Dick M Roberts

2 Mar 12, 2012
Reply by Dick M Roberts

hunting for Notre Dame movies

One of my cousins was Rex Manchester; his mother and my mother were sisters.  In March of 1966 I was asked to take motion pictures of the p…

Started by Gregory W Calkins

0 Feb 27, 2012

Photos

In one of the pictures on the web site page you show Guy Lumbardo and Danny Foster in the Tempo. The place you say the picture was taken wa…

Started by Dave Wrzesinski

0 Feb 26, 2012

RSS

© 2024   Hydroplane & Raceboat Museum   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service