Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum

We're racing through history!

History (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Trot Along

Can anyone post a photograph of the 1954 Trot Along, which a year before was Such Crust V>

Started by Gregory W Calkins

4 Jul 10, 2014
Reply by Robert Frank

Another old photo

Started by Mary Smith

0 Jun 27, 2014

Old photographs

I was going through a box of old photographs of my dad's recently.  He was from Beaver Falls, PA and as a young man in his 20's raced hydro…

Started by Mary Smith

0 Jun 27, 2014

Outboard Hydro racing circa 1950s

Memory's for a lifetime. My father, Cotton Arnsdorff, raced D class outboard Hydro's in the 50s, 60s, and I being born in 1953 idolized hi…

Started by Walt Arnsdorff

0 Jun 18, 2014

Ray Crawford Biography in the Works

For all who remember Ray Crawford and his hydroplane "Zephyr Fury" (U-44), you might be interested in my page that pays tribute to Ray's li…

Started by Andrew Layton

0 Jul 11, 2013

The Gold Cup Room at the Whittier Hotel in Detroit, MI

Back in the 1950's, my Grandpa was a security guard at the Whittier Hotel.  According to his stories, all the hydroplane racers used to go…

Started by Peggy Kwiatkowski

5 Sep 17, 2012
Reply by Jack Schafer

The need for a museum here in Britain

Since the closure of the Basildon Motor Boat Museum, which was the only museum dedicated to powerboat racing here in the UK, I've been mull…

Started by Roy Cooper

0 Sep 7, 2012

Aluminum First

Any information on this boat and its history?  Clip attached from Yachting ® magazine, March 1950....

Started by James Ferris

4 Jun 10, 2012
Reply by Hydroplane Museum

Help me reconstruct some personal history...

In 1960 or thereabouts, I picked up a small hydroplane on a lake that limited motors to 6 hp. Even so, it ripped...at least until my jealou…

Started by Daniel C. Church

2 Dec 19, 2010
Reply by Daniel C. Church

RSS

© 2024   Hydroplane & Raceboat Museum   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service