Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum

We're racing through history!

General (96)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What happened to the History section?

You used to click on it and get a listing of all of the articles....now you get about 10 articles per page.  Any plans on going back to the…

Started by Steve Ruedy

1 Mar 12, 2015
Reply by Hydroplane Museum

Thanks for Hosting my Party!

I simply wanted to thank the staff at the Hydroplane Museum for providing the venue for my "surprise" birthday party last Saturday. As many…

Started by Phil Lampman

2 Feb 24, 2015
Reply by Phil Lampman

Allison engine

You may know this but I was in Carnation this weekend and I was walking though a Classic car and Motorcycle shop and found a Allison motor…

Started by Bob Shaffer

0 Jan 4, 2015

Die Cast Model of Miss Thriftway

I have a die cast, highly detail model of the Miss Thriftway (approximately 6" long) that I think I bought in the 1990's from the Hydropane…

Started by Ted Laurila

7 Jan 3, 2015
Reply by Glenn Landguth

Here's a Bit of Trivia For You

Guess which notable Detroit restaurant was shown in the recent film, "Jersey Boys", directed by Clint Eastwood? Hint: It is located on the…

Started by Phil Lampman

0 Nov 17, 2014

My grandpa

Hi I just found this site my grandpa (poppop) richard nelson from fox lake I'll raced hydroplanes since the 50 s he raced 280 class in migh…

Started by Jim daus

0 Oct 8, 2014

Slo-mo IV picture

I have a question for all of you Slo-mo-shun fans.  I am currently working at the Detroit Historical Museum entering photographs of hydropl…

Started by Tim Matyn

22 Jul 14, 2014
Reply by Randall E. Roe

what needs to be done to increase the fan base and popularity of unlimited hydroplane racing

I have tried to start a discussion about the "state of the sport" and what needs to be done to increase its fan base, which will result in…

Started by Tim Matyn

95 Jun 4, 2014
Reply by Phil Lampman

U-95 Hydro.

Hi there. I'm building a 1/8 scale racing U-95 and have been searching for a cockpit/dashboard layout for it. I haven't been able to find a…

Started by Paul Brooking

8 Apr 1, 2014
Reply by Paul Brooking

Kim McCormick ("CK")

Sad to report the passing of Cynthia Kimberly McCormick-Garrison (51), daughter of Jim & Bonnie McCormick, on December 16, 2013.  She i…

Started by Randy Mueller

0 Dec 26, 2013

RSS

© 2024   Hydroplane & Raceboat Museum   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service